The terror state Iran is apparently to buy $25 Bn of aircraft from Boeing. There are many angles to the ridiculousness of this:
- Iran is a terror state which would love a global caliphate
- These planes will contain state of the art technology to a country we would like to leave backwards
- The US taxpayer subsidises Boeing to a ludicrous degree
- Iran executes women and gay people for having sex in case you did not know.
- Iran sponsors our enemies Hamas and Hezbollah and has links to almost all terror groups even Sunni al Queada
- A subsidy to pollution
- Iran does not recognise Israel.
There is a problem as I pointed out with excusing US incompetence in foreign policy as being fundamentally about Capitalism – idea it is not morally wrong even if misguided. Actions make it seem more about profit and indeed that the enemy is a frenemy or a device or feedback loop for more spending on subsidised weapons manufacturers like Boeing that in turn profits political leaders personally. We are asked to sacrifice our freedom to fight the likes of Iran as our Govt hands them cheap resources and takes taxpayers dosh?
The other lie that Mr Obama’s Administration and those sanctimonious European Airbus subsidising guys push is the need to fight climate change so why subsidise pollution?
It’s not even good capitalism to boot.